We’re thrilled that all National Archives facilities are reopening this week, and we will be submitting military & non-military records requests to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis this Friday, February 1, 2019.
Some of the records that you can take advantage of requesting are:
- Official Military Personnel Files, All Branches – These are the service records of military personnel from World War I through Korea, and the interwar years (1914 – 3 Feb 1957)
- Individual Deceased Personnel Files, All Branches – These files relate to service members who were Killed In Action from World War II to Vietnam, providing information& documentation about their deaths. (1939-1975)
- Deceased Veterans Claim Files – These files were used to document compensation and insurance claims for veterans and their heirs ( Up to 1949)
- World War I Award Cards – These cards record awards given to service members during World War I and may help in reconstructing burned OMPF files.
- World War I Burial Files – These files relate to service members who were Killed In Action during World War I, providing information& documentation about their deaths.
- Selective Service Records – These are the draft registrations for men from World War II – Vietnam.
- Other military records in the catalog – If you know of other specific archival holdings at the NPRC – St. Louis, we will also work with you to obtain those.
Civilian Federal Employees
- Civilian Conservation Corps – These are the records and project information for young men who were employed in the CCC from 1933-1942.
- Works Progress Administration – These are the records and project information for the men and women who were employed with the Works Progress Administration from 1935-1943.
- Official Personnel Folders – These are the personnel files of civilian federal employees from various agencies from 1850-1951.
Your purchase will include: the full requested record in PDF form (inquire about paper copies), a general overview of the record, and an individualized summary of the contents of the record.
You will not be billed until we have obtained your files, which may take 8-12 weeks. Discounts are available to our newsletter subscribers and to members of the Virtual Genealogical Association (VGA).
January Military & Federal Records Request
To get started on your military & federal records requests you may e-mail us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.